Cooking with Phil Vickery - Football Recipe
Chicken Schnitzel Burgers with Avocado, Lime & Sweet Pickled Onion
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- pinch sugar
- pinch salt and pepper4 chicken thighs, no skin or bone
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter1 ripe avocado
- juice 1 large lime
- ½ tbsp mango chutney
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- little Iceberg lettuce
1. Very, finely slice the onion into rings and place into a bowl.
'Cooking with Phil Vickery - Football Recipe'
2. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper mix well and leave for 30 minutes or longer.
3. Place the chicken thighs in between a large piece of clear plastic add a little water and beat out until nice and thin. Repeat with the 3 others.
4. Coat each one in a little flour, then egg and breadcrumbs, pat well.
5. Fry each one in oil and unsalted butter until cooked through and nicely browned.
6. Meanwhile, chop the avocado with spoon or knife, place into a bowl.
7. Add the lime, mango and mayo and mix well.
8. Place each of the burgers onto a little lettuce.
9. Top with a little avocado mayo, then with a few well drained pickled onion rings.