Why should I consider Secondary Glazing?
The common misconception is that secondary glazing is an ugly addition to a window and many owners of period properties are concerned about it changing the look of their windows.
At Everest, we believe in fitting the best. Our experts provide a made-to-measure service that fits your windows seamlessly so that secondary glazing doesn’t have to mean that period properties lose their charm.
We’ve often had clients who were concerned initially, come back to us and say how glad they are they’ve had it. Rooms that were once too cold and too noisy to sit in, are now used to their full potential and the best bit is it doesn’t change the exterior of your property at all.
So what is Secondary Glazing?
Secondary glazing involves adding another slim-line window in addition to your existing windows. It is a cost-effective and efficient method of insulating & soundproofing your windows.
Considered a reversible change, secondary glazing is perfect for use in Listed Buildings and conservation areas and is recommended by English Heritage and the Listed Property Owners Club.
Why choose Everest?
When choosing Everest Secondary Glazing, you can make the most of these incredible benefits:
- A stunning option for when exterior windows cannot be changed
- A perfect solution for cutting out draughts, cold air and noise
- A form of double glazing that will keep your home much warmer
- Effective soundproofing when used in conjunction with our other window ranges, with recent acoustic tests revealing a reduction of up to 12 decibels with our secondary glazing
- A tidy look via our unobtrusive design, almost invisible from the outside
- Enhanced security benefits featuring anti-burglar catches to make your home safer
- Virtually maintenance-free design with easy to wipe aluminium frames
- Comprehensive guarantees with up to 10-years on materials
- Standard and deluxe range options coming with concealed hinges, thicker frames, offset handles, multi-point locking and a tilt function improving the performance of the windows
- Made to measure for a perfect fit - our tolerance for gaps is far less than other suppliers, so we use a product specific trim around the edge of the windows for a neater finish
Everest offer a huge range of windows, doors, conservatories and security systems.
'Why should I consider Secondary Glazing?'