Our driveways are built so they last. Our foundations use compacted MoT type 1 hardcore as a base, and a Geotex membrane to ensure naturally occurring moisture is managed correctly and doesn’t erode the foundation. Everest digs a deep foundation for all its driveways, however we will assess the ground conditions unique to your property and if necessary, dig our foundations even deeper.
We use 60mm blocks, as opposed to 50mm blocks used by many installers, to ensure they don’t twist or roll as tyres turn on the surface. Many homeowners don’t realise that the management of water running from their property is their responsibility. We will ensure your driveway is designed with the correct drainage facilities, making sure water running away from your property is managed correctly.
This is how an Everest Driveway is installed:
1. Remove old driveway and topsoil
2. Dig a 150mm deep foundation - deeper if ground conditions dictate
3. Install the Geotex membrane to protect against moisture damage
4. Build a solid perimeter around the driveway
5. Create a compacted sub base using MoT type 1 hardcore
6. Create a smooth and even 50mm screed
7. Lay the blocks and finish with sand