Whilst many older properties exude a wonderful, historical beauty, Everest understands some of their other traits may not be as desirable.
Our secondary glazing is a perfect solution for cutting out noise, cold and draughts. It traps air between your existing window and the secondary window acting as a form of double glazing to provide insulation and prevent draughts, which ensures your home is so much warmer.
Everest secondary glazing can be even more effective at soundproofing when used in conjunction with our other window ranges. In recent acoustic tests we found that when secondary glazing was fitted in addition to double glazing it reduced the sound by up to 12 decibels (db) - without secondary glazing, the extra 12db would have the effect of doubling the outside noise. We can even add sound absorbing tiles to reduce the noise in your home even further.
Every Everest Secondary Window is tailor-made to fit inside and complement your existing windows, keeping them unobtrusive on the inside and almost invisible from the outside.
They will make your home safer and more secure too, thanks to anti-burglar catches fitted as standard. The deluxe secondary glazing range also includes a multi-point locking mechanism with a key-lockable handle for enhanced security.
If all this wasn’t enough, they’re virtually-maintenance-free as well, and come with a comprehensive 10-year guarantee on materials. So you can rest assured your windows will be well looked after, while you continue to enjoy your beautiful home.
Everest Secondary Glazing also comes with a comprehensive 10-year guarantee on workmanship as standard.
Why not book an appointment for one of our consultants to give you a no obligation quote?
What makes Everest Secondary Windows better?
1. Slim aluminium frame hardly noticeable from the exterior maintaining the external character of the property.
2. Sliding inserts interlock to help prevent draughts.
3. Aluminium will never rot, rust or flake.
4. Fitted with sprung catch locks that fasten automatically on closure.
5. Air gap created between existing window and secondary glazing provides extra heat and sound insulation.
6. 10 year guarantee on the window and installation.
7. Fitted with lockable handles and security bolts.
8. Double weather-proof seals around the opening window.
1. Concealed hinges for a flush and tidy appearance.
2. Double weather-proof seals around the opening window.
3. Aluminium frame slightly thicker than standard secondary glazing, but still hardly noticeable from the exterior.
4. Fitted with a multi-point locking system with lockable handles.
5. Handles can be offset on hung deluxe secondary windows.
6. Air gap created between existing window and secondary glazing provides extra heat and sound insulation.
7. Spring balance system makes the sashes slide more smoothly.
8. Sliding inserts interlock to help prevent draughts.
9. Lockable catch locks.
10. Sliding deluxe secondary windows have tilt function to enable easy cleaning.
11. Aluminium will never rot, rust or flake.