Our commitments to you
We understand that there may occasionally be a need for a contract to be cancelled. This is usually if you change your mind about the order for some reason – but in some rare situations, we may need to cancel your order if it cannot be fulfilled.
When a cancellation is requested by you, or we need to cancel, we will ensure the following:
- You can find the information about how to cancel easily
- You are clear on when a refund of your deposit can be issued and when it can’t
- If a deposit cannot be refunded, you are clear on the reasons for this
- If additional payments are required from you, you are clear on the reasons for this
- That we listen to you about why you want to cancel, so that we can improve if needed
- Where a refund of your deposit is due, you receive this quickly
- Where there is any issue that may result in us needing to cancel your order, we will inform you immediately to discuss any alternative options
- We keep you fully informed throughout the cancellation process
How to cancel
Please read this policy, paying attention to when we will and won't be able to refund your deposit and any further amount paid. If you are sure that you want to cancel, please click below to access the cancellation form.
View Cancellation Form
Where you have requested to cancel bespoke products
The majority of Everest 2020 Ltd products are bespoke and therefore the period in which you can cancel and receive a full refund of your deposit is 7 days from the date of signing the sales agreement.
After this time if you wish to cancel, your deposit is non-refundable in all circumstances. It may still be possible to cancel without further payments being due, providing no part of the order has gone into manufacture. We will let you know whether it’s possible to cancel without further costs or not, so that you can make a decision accordingly.
If you have requested cancellation outside of the 7 day cancellation period but before the order enters manufacture - and so have not received a refund your deposit, you can use this on any future order if placed within 6 months. This would appear as a credit towards your final balance and cannot be used as the deposit for the new order. If the order has already entered manufacture and you have paid 50% of the contract value, this cannot be transferred to any future order and is non-refundable.
Where you have requested to cancel non-bespoke products
Non bespoke products such as roofline and driveways, can be cancelled at any time and the deposit refunded, up to 14 days after delivery of the goods to your home - provided that installation has not started and we have not incurred any costs (eg for access equipment). If you request to cancel more than 14 days after the delivery of the products, once the installation has started or access equipment has been erected, your deposit can’t be refunded.
Where we need to cancel your order for technical reasons
Very occasionally, we may need to cancel your order for technical reasons – for example, we cannot supply what you have ordered and/or install it in your property. When this happens we will always let you know at the earliest opportunity and work with you to explore all alternative options to avoid having to cancel. If no alternative can be found, your deposit will be returned.
Where we need to cancel your order for non-technical reasons
If we need to cancel your order for non-technical reasons – for example, access or permission issues or if you fail our status check and aren’t able to then pay in full before the order goes into manufacture, we will refund your deposit. The exception to this is if you need to put your order on hold and we haven’t been able to progress for more than three months – in this case we will need to cancel your order and retain the deposit.
When we will refund deposits
We want to provide as much clarity as possible about when we will and won’t, be able to refund your deposit in the case of cancellation. For all orders placed after 8th June 2020, the following rules apply. These cover both where you have asked to cancel, as well as examples of where we may need to cancel after exploring any alternative options with you.
We will refund your deposit, as long as the goods haven’t gone into manufacture, if:
- You cancel a bespoke order within 7 days of signing the sales agreement
- You cancel a non-bespoke order (roofline or driveway) up to 14 days after delivering the goods to you but before installation has started or access equipment has been erected
- Following a price check, you’re unable to accept a revised price, or 40% or more of the contract price is related to building works
- You have applied for planning permission and approval isn’t granted
- Everest have applied for planning permission and approval isn’t granted – we will refund your deposit less an amount to cover the cost of the planning application and administrative time
- There are issues with building regulations which mean that your installation can’t go ahead
- There are constraints relating to a party wall which mean that your installation can’t go ahead
- Your property is in a conservation area and what you want installed doesn’t meet conservation rules in your area
- You need permission from a landlord but they don’t give it
- It’s not possible to install in your property due to its condition or construction eg roof, brickwork, stonework, pre-fabricated structures or foundations would need attention before going ahead
- There isn’t enough space to allow for sufficient opening of the window/s or door
- You have shutters or blinds that can’t be removed or refitted
- A credit check indicates that we need to ask you to pay in advance and you’re unable to do this
- We can’t supply the product that you ordered and haven’t been able to offer a suitable alternative
When we won’t be able to refund a deposit
We won’t be able to refund your deposit in the following circumstances because we will have incurred costs:
- Your cancellation request for bespoke products is outside of the 7 day cooling off period
- Your cancellation request for a non-bespoke order (roofline or driveway) is received more than 14 days after the date of delivering the goods to you, or installation has already started and/or access equipment erected
- You accept an increased price and then change your mind after the order has gone into manufacture
- You accept an alternative product/s or design and then change your mind after the order has gone into manufacture
- There are issues related to access and/or permissions that you don’t make us aware of until after the order has gone into manufacture. This includes planning permission, building regulations, conservation constraints, access issues, landlord permission, issues relating to party wall, the removal and refitting of shutters/blinds, electricity and/or water supply
- If we find hazardous materials, structural issues or other unforseen circumstances that prevent the installation taking place that couldn’t reasonably have been detected at survey
- You’re unable to agree to a date for the survey appointment within four weeks of the sales agreement being signed
- You’re awaiting building works that delay the order progressing for more than three months from the date of the sales agreement being signed. If more than three months have elapsed without any progress, we will need to cancel the order and retain the deposit
Terms & conditions
For further terms and conditions please refer to your Purchase Agreement.