Apprentice Warehouse Storekeeper
- Full-Time Permanent (15 months)
Everest is a leader in Home Improvements, and we have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Warehouse Assistant / Storekeeper to be based from our Woking Installation Centre.
Everest values are Innovation, Communication, Ownership and Networking. We are looking for people who share our passions and want to contribute to our continued success.
Vital to the smooth and efficient running of our warehouse, you will work alongside the Centre Manager and stores team, assisting with deliveries and liaising with our Installation and Customer Service team to ensure that we can continue to provide a second to none service to our customers.
This is a full-time, fixed term contract, for the length of the Apprenticeship (15 months).
Responsibilities as Installation Manager include:
- Unloading deliveries to prepare contracts for collection by Installers.
- Controlling store and stock items for issue to Installers.
- Sourcing specialist stock for specific contracts.
- Raising purchase orders, producing proof of order/delivery docs and following up on queries.
- Assisting with weekly figures and reports for the Centre Manager.
- Supporting with company vehicle maintenance.
- Arranging collection and disposal of waste materials.
- Ensuring a safe working environment, ensuring the warehouse and yard are always kept clean and tidy and adhere with company H&S policies.
What we are looking for:
- Good organisation skills with ability to manage own time effectively.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Competent using IT equipment and systems.
- Reliable and able to work well as part of a team.
- Confident communication skills.
- Full driver’s license (desirable but not essential)
- Can-do attitude and ability to use own initiative
What we can offer:
We can offer the successful applicant a generous holiday entitlement and a supportive team environment to study and complete a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 NVQ.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this Apprentice Warehouse Storekeeper role, please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities business and do not discriminate on the grounds of 'Protected Characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.