Health & Safety Manager
- Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Everest have an exciting opportunity within the business for a Health and Safety Manager.
Everest values are Innovation, Communication, Ownership and Networking. We are looking for people who share our passions and want to contribute to our continued success.
As the Health & Safety Manager you will develop Health, Safety and Environmental standards, ensuring that they are embedded within the organisation. You will be the provide technical guidance on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters, identifying and advising on current and future requirements, ensuring all policies and procedures are in place across the organisation.
This is a full-time, permanent role and although based from our Hertfordshire Head Office, will involve extensive travel across our UK based sites.
Main Duties of the role include:
- Ensuring there is a company-wide awareness to Health and Safety, with appropriate training and education programmes in place, along with an effective internal communications programme.
- Providing regular progress reports for board meetings and Toolbox talks.
- Offering coaching, specialist advise and practical support on all Health and Safety matters to management teams.
- Setting the strategic framework for the management of Health, Safety and Environmental standards, engaging with stakeholders across all regions to ensure these are understood and embedded.
- Developing, reviewing, and monitoring of the H&S objectives and targets across the organisation.
- Ensuring the organisation complies with statutory obligations and best practice, by making recommendations, proposing options, and developing implementation plans to ensure compliance in all areas of H&S.
- Assisting in the identification of H&S training needs for employees and associates across the organisation, developing and delivering training where suitable.
- Leading on investigation of incidents/accidents ensuring there is an appropriate improvement plan to prevent future recurrences.
Essential skills required:
- Previous experience leading on Health and Safety across an organisation, including manufacturing environments.
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
- Excellent organisational, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Clear communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- A driver of change and continuous performance improvement.
- IT competent, with the ability to use Microsoft Office packages.
- Effective team working and relationship building skills.
- Flexible approach to work, able to travel to different sites.
If you are interested in this Health and Safety Manager position, please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities business and do not discriminate on the grounds of 'Protected Characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.